The Lifeworks Annual Celebration is our largest fundraiser – and the total raised for this year’s successful event surpassed all prior celebrations. With nearly 1,000 guests in attendance at The Depot in Minneapolis, Lifeworks asked for help with supporting our innovative, high-quality, community-centered programs.
Services such as:
- Art Programs
- Bands and Choirs
- Community Skill Building
- Educational Summits
- Government Service Navigation
- Music Therapy
- Outreach to Underrepresented Communities
- Personalized Career Exploration
- Technology Access
- Transportation to Community Activities
We honored five individuals and one business through the Lifeworks Annual Awards:
- Advocate of the Year – Lori Koutsky
- Employer of the Year – Travelers
- Personal Achievement – Kari Hill
- Personal Achievement – Donna Buzay
- Personal Achievement – Teal Paape
- Staff Excellence – Sandy Sanders
Contributions from our supporters will help us bridge the funding gap due to unprecedented decreases in government funding and increased costs to provide services that do more than just fulfill a need – services that pave the way for the people we support and enrich lives.
Lifeworks is so grateful for the support we received from our community. Thank you to everyone who made a contribution.
We are especially grateful to:
- Atomic Data and its CEO, Jim Wolford, who donated three auction items that raised $67,000, in addition to speaking on our behalf, donating $25,000, and being a Presenting Sponsor.
- John Abbott, the Vice-Chair of Lifeworks Board of Directors, and his wife, Michele, for kicking off our fund-a-need at the $25,000 level.
- Longtime Lifeworks supporter, Steve Daas, who gave $10,000 for a matching gift challenge that enabled donors to double their impact.
Along with celebrating our award winners, we expressed our appreciation for Zachary Meyer, who stepped down from the Lifeworks Board of Directors after nine years and we welcomed two new board members: Patricia Riley and Ajani Lewis-McGhee. We also recognized the legacy of Gary Grundy, an incredible supporter and friend of Lifeworks who we lost this past December.
The celebration closed with a performance by Lifeworks band, Rock of Ages who put on an excellent show.
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2019 Lifeworks Annual Celebration. We’ll see you next April!