Position: Service Facilitator (3 positions available)
Department: South Metro Employment Team
Location: Hennepin, Scott, and Carver Counties – Minnesota
Hours: (FT) Monday-Friday, 7am – 4pm, schedule varies based on the need of the job site(s).
Hiring Range: $15.50-$17.50/hr
Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Eagan, Apple Valley, and Mankato; community employment teams in Hennepin County and the East and South Metro Areas; and serve over 1,700 families through fiscal services.
Lifeworks South Metro Employment Team is seeking a full-time Service Facilitator to work with adults with developmental disabilities supporting them in independent job placements at businesses in the community. This position will support individuals seeking employment and provide job coaching support for individuals currently employed. Service Facilitators carry a caseload, attend intakes and annual meetings, complete quarterly and annual paperwork, and coordinate with the individuals served and their support teams to ensure person-centered planning and services are being provided.
- Work with individuals in community settings which may include volunteering and self-advocacy opportunities.
- Work with individuals at job sites; and support job seekers with individual job development and placement.
- Identify, write, and implement goals with the individuals, ensuring they are person-centered.
- Organize and coordinate annual meetings with persons served and their support teams.
- Support individuals to develop skills to retain their job and support development of the person’s natural work supports.
- Support individuals through the job application process; from writing a resume, and cover letter, to completing employment paperwork including background checks and drug screens as required by the business.
- Act as a positive role model for persons served in all aspects of their professional performance.
- Complete all 245D required paperwork according to deadlines.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work remotely and independently; comfortability with remote communication via phone, email or text.
- Effective time management skills
- Strong computer skills; intermediate level Microsoft Word and data base software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Timely and thorough record keeping
- Excellent customer service skills to build collaborative relationships with business stakeholders and support team members
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes during workday to meet the needs of business partners and persons served.
- Four-year degree in human services or a related field; or a two year degree in Human services or related field and two years of work experience; or a combination of education and experience to equal four years.
- Experience working with people with disabilities.
- Experience supporting with people with Autism.
- Experience supporting people who use assistive technology to communicate.
- Work experience managing a caseload, coordinating with support teams, writing goals, and person-centered planning preferred.
- Work experience with customized employment and vocational rehabilitation services preferred.
- Candidate must complete and pass a background study; pass a physical and drug screen; have a valid driver’s license free of violation; proof of vehicle insurance; and reliable transportation for work driving purposes.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees.
- 10 paid holidays in calendar year
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year of employment
- Medical and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Lifeworks Services is committed to hiring people from a variety of diverse cultures with diverse life experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status; genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lifeworks Services is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com