The Lifeworks Annual Celebration, our yearly event honoring inclusiveness, was held on Thursday, April 26 at The Depot in Minneapolis.
With nearly 900 guests in attendance, we honored four individuals and one business through the Lifeworks Annual Awards:
- Corey Baker – Personal Achievement
- Ajani Lewis-McGhee – Personal Achievement
- Lori Noland – Staff Excellence
- Josi Wert – Volunteer of the Year
- Ameriprise – Employer of the Year
Presented by Atomic Data, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, and Horton Holding, the event also raised a total of $475,000 for Lifeworks and the people we serve!
The total amount raised includes:
- $251,000 from our generous sponsors
- $174,000 from the transportation fund-a-need
- $50,000 from the live and silent auctions
“Your shared passion of an accessible, inclusive community is greatly appreciated,” said Lifeworks President and CEO Jeff Brown. “We also greatly appreciate your generosity, and your confidence and trust in Lifeworks.”
The support we received from our community was overwhelming, and we are so grateful to everyone who made a contribution!
We are especially grateful to:
- Atomic Data and its CEO, Jim Wolford, who donated four live auction items that raised a total of $18,500, in addition to being a Presenting Sponsor
- Longtime Lifeworks supporter Gail Willox, whose $10,000 matching challenge allowed donors to double the impact of their gift
Along with celebrating our five award winners, we expressed our appreciation for Barb Baumann, who stepped down from the Lifeworks Board of Directors after 15 years.
To close out the evening of celebration and inclusiveness, Lifeworks band Rock of Ages put on an incredible show.
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2018 Lifeworks Annual Celebration. We’ll see you next April!