On Thursday, April 20 we hosted the 2023 Lifeworks Annual Celebration at The Depot in Minneapolis. Our community came together to celebrate the impact of our mission and drive change and reimagine possibilities alongside people with disabilities.
This year, we raised more than $520,000 to support our efforts to advance disability inclusion in underserved communities. Funds raised from the Annual Celebration are pivotal as we grow our partnership with rural communities and Black, Indigenous, and people of color through the co-creation of culturally specific programs. With the support from our generous donors and sponsors, we are driving change and reimagining possibilities alongside all communities in Minnesota!
With over 740 people who attended online and in person, it is apparent just how far the impact of our work is reaching. We want to again thank everyone who attended and donated as we look forward to further advancing disability inclusion.
We are especially grateful to:
- Our generous sponsors who support our mission through their commitment to drive change by increasing opportunity and access in the community.
- Donors for our live auction: Atomic Data, Ecolab, and our President and CEO, Gertrude Matemba-Mutasa, and her husband, Gift.
- A.J. Hilton, our emcee, who brought the audience along with us as we raised funds to advance disability inclusion and celebrated our shared progress.
- Sheletta Brundidge, our special guest, whose storytelling connected our audience through honesty, humor, and empathy.
- And finally, each of you. However you participated, and whether or not you made a gift, we appreciate that you joined us, heard our stories, and made a connection.
We look forward to welcoming you all again to the Annual Celebration next spring! Until then, we hope you will stay connected with us as we continue to drive change and reimagine possibilities.
How can you stay connected with Lifeworks?
- Follow our social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Become a monthly donor! Learn more on how to make an impact as a regular donor.
- Volunteer with us! Share your passions, skills, and interests with the folks we partner with.
If you couldn’t attend the event or want to look back at one of your favorite moments from this year’s celebration, you can watch the video of the evening and the three videos we featured at the celebration.