Lifeworks is excited to announce that effective May 1, Individualized Home Supports and Respite participants may now hire 16- and 17-year-old workers. This will allow participants to have additional support they need in their homes and communities amidst a workforce shortage.
At this time, Lifeworks is only able to hire 16- and 17-year-old workers for Homemaking, Individualized Home Supports, and Respite Programs. PCA Choice is not eligible.
Minor employees will need to follow the parameters below:
- Minor employees cannot work more than 8 hour per day and 40 hour per payroll week (Sunday – Saturday).
- Minor employees cannot work before 5 a.m. or after 11 p.m.
- Minor employees cannot perform medication assistance or administration in any way.
To get started, new employees must:
- Complete a GetHired form
- Complete an application via DocuSign
- Complete a Background Study
- Complete required 245D training including orientation and annual training
If you or your client utilize IHS, Homemaking, or Respite programs and are interested in hiring a 16- or 17-year-old, please reach out to Lifeworks at 651-454-2732 or email@example.com.