Position: Service Facilitator
Department: Center Based Program
Location: Mankato, MN
Hours: (FT) Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-4:30 pm, schedule varies based on the need of the program. Typical day is 8 hours.
Since 1965, Lifeworks Services Inc. has been a champion for inclusion. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be part of the community.
As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives. Through services that provide choice and build community – as well as through partnerships with over 500 businesses – Lifeworks serves more than 3,000 Minnesotans with disabilities and their families each year.
Lifeworks Mankato is seeking a full-time Service Facilitator to work with adults with developmental disabilities. The Service Facilitator position will support clients through focused activities both remotely and person to person, that challenge and enrich the long range goals of the individuals served. Service Facilitators carry a caseload; virtually attend intakes and annual meetings; complete annual paperwork; and coordinate with the individuals served and their support teams to ensure person centered planning and services.
- Identify, write, and implement new goals for the individuals.
- Develop and maintain person centered plans for individuals served in program.
- Organize and coordinate with individuals’ support teams.
- Organize activities in the community. 1:1
- Develop and lead activities to teach a variety of skills including basic literacy and life skills in a classroom or one-on-one format.
- Acts as a positive role model for participants in all aspects of professional performance.
- Observes safety procedures and personnel policies, and ensures compliance by participants.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Effective time management skills
- Strong computer skills
- Detail Orientated
- Flexibility; excellent customer service skills; good oral and written communication skills
- Four year degree in human services or a related field; or a two year degree in Human services or related field and two years of work experience; or a combination of education and experience to equal four years.
- Experience working with people with disabilities.
- Experience supporting with people with autism.
- Experience supporting people who use assistive technology.
- Experience managing a caseload, coordinating with support teams, writing goals, and person centered planning preferred.
- Candidate must complete and pass a background study; pass a physical and drug screen; have a valid driver’s license free of violation; proof of vehicle insurance; and reliable transportation for work driving purposes.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees.
- 10 paid holidays in calendar year
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year of employment
- Medical and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Lifeworks Services is committed to hiring people from a variety of diverse cultures with diverse life experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status; genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lifeworks Services is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to