At Lifeworks, our staff are essential to partnering with people with disabilities to drive change in the community. Our values and equity statement are embedded in our culture and employee experience. They are part of everything we do and define the expectations we have for ourselves and each other. We stand by these principles. They guide our decision making and how we carry out our mission.
Our Employee Culture Offers
- Hybrid work environment
- Opportunities for professional development trainings
- Commitment to an accessible, inclusive, and equitable workplace
- Staff committees focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion, employee recognition, and policy and legislation
- Organizational investment in you through a career progression plan
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time off annually
- Accessible, inclusive main office
- Mentorship program
Our Benefits Offers
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- HSA and FSA options
- Employer paid long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- Employer paid life insurance and AD&D
- 11 paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, plus a Personal Holiday)
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year of employment
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer contributions and matching opportunity
- Up to $3,000 in tuition reimbursement annually
- Employee Assistance Program
We Live Our Core Values
You Lead the Way – We Listen
We honor choice and pursue opportunities with community at the heart of our work.
Together, We Break Down Barriers
We seek diverse perspectives, advance accessibility, and encourage a sense of belonging for all.
We Focus on Impact
We hold ourselves to the highest standards. We share expertise and collaborate to find solutions that address the whole picture.
We Reinvent What’s Possible
We take chances and welcome the unknown. We learn from the past and lean into the future.
Our Equity Statement is a Guiding Principle
Lifeworks strives to be radically accessible, diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We appreciate the vibrancy of differences, center the voices of silenced and marginalized people, and champion universal rights.
We welcome change and work to reverse historic oppression. We promise to educate ourselves to end the dominant cultural practices of White supremacy, ableism, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, anti-Indigenous practices, religious oppression, and all other obstacles to personal authenticity and achievement. We support our partners and members of our community who are marginalized to restore justice and dignity.
At Lifeworks, we expect accountability from all employees and our Board of Directors. We know that we cannot be truly person-centered unless we celebrate all identities – emphasizing authenticity over conformity.
At Lifeworks, we partner with complete human beings with intersectional identities, recognizing that disability exists in every race, religion, gender, culture, and class and that most of us will experience disability at some point in our lives. We recognize we have made mistakes and will continue to evolve with humility and openness, placing psychological safety, equity, and belonging over comfort. Lifeworks recognizes that in the best interests of our community, we must approach disability through the lens of diverse perspectives.
We call upon our diverse community to hold us accountable.