Public Comment Period for Amendments to Disability Waiver Plans

From the Minnesota Department of Human Services Website:

DHS seeks public comments for federal waiver plan amendments before submitting to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval. These amendments apply to the following home and community-based services (HCBS) waivers:

For information on how to access the full versions of Minnesota’s approved waiver plans, see CBSM — How to get a copy of a federally approved waiver plan.

What these amendments do

These amendments to the BI, CAC, CADI and DD waiver plans:

1. Address rate methodology changes for respite services

2. Identify additional needs a person may have to receive specialist services

3. Identify additional criteria that allow for an exception to the CDCS budget methodology

4. Replace supported employment services and community-based employment activities available under day training and habilitation with three new employment services: exploration, development and support. As part of this, the amendments also:

• Address the rate methodology for the new employment services (see below for information about DWRS rate frameworks)

• Identify an end date and transition plan for supported employment services

• Outline Minnesota’s transition plan for these new employment services.

Rate frameworks for new employment services

The Minnesota Legislature authorized Disability Waiver Rate System (DWRS) rate frameworks for these new employment services in May 2017. To view these, see, 2017 Employment Services – Draft (.XLS).

How to submit a public comment

Please submit comments to by 4 p.m., Monday, Sept. 25, 2017.  We also will accept comments by U.S. mail.  Mail written comments to:

ATTN: Waiver amendments

Minnesota Department of Human Services

Disability Services Division

P.O. Box 64967

St. Paul, MN 55164-0967

How to request a copy

If you are unable to access the waiver plan amendments electronically, DHS will provide you with a copy. To request a copy, call the DSD Response Center at 651-431-4300 or send a written request to the address above.