Position: Service Specialist (3 positions available)
Department: Social Enrichment/Community Inclusion
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Hours: (FT) Monday-Friday, 6:30 am – 4:30 pm, schedule varies based on the need of the program. Typical Day is 8 hours.
Hiring Range: $15.00-$15.50/hr
Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; community employment teams in Hennepin County and the East and South Metro Areas; and serve over 1,700 families through fiscal services.
Lifeworks Brooklyn Park is seeking a full-time Service Specialist to work with adults with developmental disabilities in the center based and Community programs. The Services Specialist position will support clients through focused activities that challenge and enrich the long-range goals of the individuals served.
- Work with individuals using services in day program, one to one community services and virtual services
- Implement and document progress on individuals’ goals.
- Develop and maintain person centered plans for individuals served in program.
- Organize group activities in the community.
- Drive routes using company vehicle.
- Develop and lead group activities to teach a variety of skills including job readiness, basic literacy, and life skills in a classroom or one-on-one format.
- Acts as a positive role model for participants in all aspects of professional performance.
- Observes safety procedures and personnel policies, and ensures compliance by participants.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Basic computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Ability to shift attention between activities quickly.
- Good customer service skills; good oral and written communication skills.
- Two year degree in a related human services field; or two years’ experience; or combination of education and experience to equal two years.
- Experience supporting people with disabilities is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
- Adaptability; good customer service skills, good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have access to reliable transportation for work purposes.
- Candidate must complete and pass a background study; physical and drug screen; have a valid driver’s license free of violation; proof of insurance; and access to reliable transportation for work driving purposes.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 10 paid holidays in calendar year
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year of employment
- Medical and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Lifeworks Services is committed to hiring people from a variety of diverse cultures with diverse life experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status; genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lifeworks Services is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to