Position: Service Facilitator – Rover
Department: East Metro Employment 2
Location: Varies (Ramsey, Washington, Dakota County, MN)
Hours: (FT) Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-5:00 pm, schedule varies based on the need of the program.
Hiring range: $15.50-$17.50/hr
Since 1965, Lifeworks Services Inc. has been a champion for inclusion. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be part of the community.
As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives. Through services that provide choice and build community – as well as through partnerships with over 500 businesses – Lifeworks serves more than 3,000 Minnesotans with disabilities and their families each year.
Lifeworks is seeking a full-time Service Facilitator / Rover to work with adults with developmental disabilities supporting them in independent job placements at businesses in the community. This position will provide job coach support for individuals hired by businesses in addition to doing one on one job searching to find employment out in the community. Service facilitators carry a caseload; attend intakes and annual meetings; complete annual paperwork; and coordinate with the individuals served and their support teams to ensure person centered planning and services. Other responsibilities can include assisting in a Lifeworks center or CSB programs.
- Work with individuals in community settings which may include volunteering and self-advocacy opportunities.
- Work with individuals at job sites; and support job seekers with individual job development and placement.
- Identify, write, and implement new goals with the individuals.
- Develop and maintain person centered goals and outcomes for individuals.
- Organize and coordinate with individuals’ support teams.
- Support individuals to develop skills to retain his or her job and support development of the person’s natural work supports.
- Support individual’s job application, resume, and cover letter development.
- Acts as a positive role model for participants in all aspects of professional performance.
- Perform job development and do job searching for the individuals we serve
- Contact businesses about job openings
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work remotely and independently, comfortability with remote communication via phone, email or text.
- Effective time management skills
- Strong computer skills; intermediate level Microsoft Word and data base software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Timely record keeping
- Excellent customer service skills to build collaborative relationships with business stakeholders and support team members
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes during workday to meet the needs of customers and individuals.
- Four-year degree in human services or a related field; or a combination of education and experience to equal four years.
- Experience working with people with disabilities.
- Experience supporting with people with Autism.
- Experience supporting people who use assistive technology to communicate.
- Work experience managing a caseload, coordinating with support teams, writing goals, and person-centered planning preferred.
- Work experience with customized employment and vocational rehabilitation services preferred.
- Candidate must complete and pass a background study; pass a physical and drug screen; have a valid driver’s license free of violation; proof of vehicle insurance; and reliable transportation for work driving purposes.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees.
- 10 paid holidays in calendar year
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year of employment
- Medical and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Lifeworks Services is committed to hiring people from a variety of diverse cultures with diverse life experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status; genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lifeworks Services is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org