POSITION OVERVIEW – Senior Technical Analyst/SQL Developer
Lifeworks is seeking a Senior Technical Analyst/SQL Developer to join our information technology team as a key contributor to our ongoing technology transformation initiatives. This position is responsible for design, development, testing, and support of SQL based integrations and reports as well as functioning as the primary application technology analyst for the organization.
Ideal candidates will have extensive SQL database development, integration, and report building experience as well as a broad technical programming background including .NET, SSIS, SSRS, and ETL.
Position Title: Senior Technical Analyst/SQL Developer
Department: Information Technology
Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday (Exempt)
Location: Lifeworks Services – Richfield/ Hybrid
Compensation: $89,100 – $111,300/year
What we offer employees:
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year of employment
- 11 paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and a Personal Holiday)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Up to $3,000 annually in tuition reimbursement
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Career progression plan
Why work at Lifeworks:
As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives. Through services that provide choice and build community – as well as through partnerships with over 500 businesses – Lifeworks serves more than 3,000 Minnesotans with disabilities and their families each year.
Lifeworks is proud to be recognized as a 2022 Top Workplace by the Star Tribune, ranking #28 among mid-size companies.
Learn More About This Role
You’ll succeed in this role if you:
- Use data analysis and reporting skills to manage, organize, and transform data into relevant, useful, and understandable information
- Collaborate effectively with project teams and technology staff to solve business problems with high quality business applications
- Rapidly learn new technologies and actively research emerging technologies
How you’ll be spending your time:
- Lead analysis, design, and integration of new business applications
- Contribute to systems projects as primary internal technical resource
- Translate business processes, rules, and requirements into technical requirements and functional specifications
- Document technical requirements and designs appropriately for audience
- Create, update, and maintain data flow and technical systems documentation
- Stored procedure and query development, improvement, and maintenance
- Lead Quality Assurance (QA), functional testing, and defect management
- Conduct gap, system impact, and systems integration analysis
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and correct issues with existing code and integrations
- Consult with technology leaders to create business application roadmaps and ensure technical planning of transformation initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred or equivalent experience, 5+ years performing technical analysis/development activities in a professional environment
- Transact-SQL (T-SQL) stored procedure and view programming, analysis, and tuning
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) development and data migration
- SQL database index performance tuning
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills for data analysis
- Source control management
- Technical documentation
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Efficient and effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with non-technical business teams as well as internal and external technical staff
- Ability to read, analyze existing code base to understand, document, and explain the how the current systems function and are integrated
- Must pass both a background study with the Minnesota Department of Human Services and a pre-employment drug test. Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and, insurance on your vehicle, and reliable transportation for work purposes.
- PowerBI development
- Business Intelligence experience
- Data Visualization experience
- Data warehouse and/or data lake design and development
- Azure Logic Apps / Service Bus
- Scribe Insight or experience with other ETL tools
- SQL database administration
- Microsoft SharePoint design and development
- Microsoft Dynamics 365, CRM, and SL development
- Workflow development using Nintex or similar platforms
- Security best practices
Complete our application form here or click the button below. Please include the job type you are applying for as well as your resume.
Lifeworks strives to be radically accessible, diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We appreciate the vibrancy of differences, center the voices of silenced and marginalized people, and champion universal rights.
Lifeworks Services is committed to hiring people from a variety of diverse cultures with diverse life experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status; genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lifeworks Services is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage members of diverse groups to apply.