Position: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Location: Lifeworks Administration in Eagan, MN
Hours: Exempt, (FT) Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Hiring Range: $47,375 – $55,571/yr
Since 1965, Lifeworks Services Inc. has been a champion for inclusion. Lifeworks was founded by families who recognized the importance of advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities to be part of the community.
As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives. Through services that provide choice and build community – as well as through partnerships with over 500 businesses – Lifeworks serves more than 3,000 Minnesotans with disabilities and their families each year.
Lifeworks Human Resource department is seeking a full-time Human Resources Generalist who will lead benefit administration and partner with HR team to support training and recruiting functions for the organization. Position includes new employee benefit enrollment; coordinating open enrollment; maintenance of benefit records, including reporting for federal and state requirements; working with benefit vendors; sourcing and recruiting for organization; supporting leaders during hiring and selection; training and development coordination; and leveraging HR systems to support organization.
• Daily maintenance of employee benefit records and coordination with third party vendors to ensure accuracy of records in system.
• Coordinate new employee benefit enrollment as well as coordinate open enrollment for all eligible employee groups on an annual basis.
• Federal and State reporting for benefits and other HR functions.
• Monitor compliance with applicable laws and organizational policies.
• Collaborate with HR team to support talent acquisition processes and procedures for organization.
• Collaborate with HR team to deliver training for organization to build competencies and support professional development of workforce.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance state and federal requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills; adept at interpersonal communication with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
• Experience maintaining employee files in a confidential manner.
• Knowledge of and work experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and requirements.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to shift priorities as needed.
• Attention to detail; accurate data entry; ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to handle highly sensitive data with confidentiality.
• Prefer bi-lingual language skills.
• Two-year degree in human resources or related field and five years of related Human Resources experience. Four-year degree in human resources or related field preferred. A minimum of one-year supervisory experience strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with employee benefit administration and coordination.
• Demonstrated competency with HRIS systems and experience in leveraging technology to create process improvement opportunities.
• Demonstrated experience with training and development processes.
• Ability to build reports and analyze data to inform benefit participation, training, and recruiting
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with a variety of people with varied communication styles.
• Well-developed leadership and interpersonal skills, including resolving conflict.
• Experience with change management; experience working with business transformations are desirable.
• Skilled in sound decision making and problem solving. Experience with training and recruiting systems, coaching for performance, and performance management.
• Strong working knowledge of continuous improvement activities. Experience driving process improvement within an organization/function strongly preferred.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and job tasks at the same time, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
• Experience ensuring compliance with federal and state employment laws, rules, and regulations.
• Project Management skills strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Documented process improvement work experience is desirable.
• PHR or SPHR / SHRM-CP or CBP certification preferred.
• Must pass a background study with MN Department of Human Services and a pre-employment drug test; have a valid driver’s license; clean driving record; and reliable transportation to use for work driving purposes.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees.
• 10 paid holidays
• 18 days of PTO the first year
• Medical and dental insurance at competitive rates
• 403b retirement plan with company match
• Tuition reimbursement
Lifeworks Services is committed to hiring people from a variety of diverse cultures with diverse life experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status; genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lifeworks Services is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to