POSITION OVERVIEW – Career Placement Counselor
Lifeworks is seeking a full-time Career Placement Counselor to assist people with disabilities to secure employment using an individualized approach to job development. Daily travel within the service area is required. A successful candidate will be proactive in using a person-centered approach to help individuals define their employment strengths, needs, interests, and abilities, as well as creating a resume and supporting job seekers with interviewing and onboarding.
Position Title: Career Placement Counselor
Department: West Metro Employment
Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday (Exempt)
Location: Lifeworks Services – Hennepin and Anoka counties (MN)
Compensation: $42,000 – $47,500/year
Sign on bonus: up to $1,500 (to be paid out at 60 days and 120 days of employment)
What we offer employees:
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year of employment
• 11 paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, plus a Personal Holiday)
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Up to $3,000 annually in tuition reimbursement
• 403(b) retirement plan with company contribution and match
• Career progression plan
Why work at Lifeworks:
As an industry leader, Lifeworks continues our commitment to self-determined support, careers with competitive wages, and developing innovative opportunities that enhance everyday lives. Through services that provide choice and build community – as well as through partnerships with over 500 businesses – Lifeworks serves more than 3,000 Minnesotans with disabilities and their families each year.
Lifeworks is proud to be recognized as a 2022 Top Workplace by the Star Tribune, ranking #28 among mid-size companies.
Learn More About This Role
You’ll succeed in this role if you:
• Are passionate about working at a mission-driven organization which promotes self-determination and choice for people with disabilities.
• Are engaged by supporting others in building new skills, exploring their interests, and motivated to help persons served define and attain their employment goals
• Are flexible and like working in a fast-paced environment which can change day to day. Are self-directed and have the ability to manage multiple priorities, be organized, and take initiative in work objectives.
• Can communicate effectively both through writing and speaking with others.
• Are tech savvy and familiar with video meeting software, like Zoom, and Microsoft Office products like Outlook, Word, and Microsoft Teams.
• Are open to learning new skills which will help you be successful in this role and expand your career opportunities.
How you’ll be spending your time:
• Facilitate job development using a variety of methods for individuals seeking employment, support development of individuals’ resumes.
• Navigate and ensure accuracy within a variety of systems and documents both within Lifeworks and external partners. Manage billable time by ensure billing is completed accurately and on time.
• Facilitate team meetings, including scheduling and conducting planning meeting such as 45-day reviews, annual reviews and other internal and external collaborative meetings.
• Assist the individual, guardian, and support team to identify desired outcome; plan for service and supports to achieve outcome.
• Manage a fluid caseload of individuals in various stages of career development and collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure coordinated support for individuals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two-year degree in career counseling, vocational counseling, human services or related field and a minimum of four years of related work experience in career planning or conducting assessments; or a combination of education and work experience to equal six years. Designated Coordinator qualifications preferred.
• Candidate must complete and pass a pre-employment background study; a physical and drug screen
• Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance and have access to reliable transportation for work purposes.
Complete our application form here or click the button below. Please include the job type you are applying for as well as your resume.
Lifeworks strives to be radically accessible, diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We appreciate the vibrancy of differences, center the voices of silenced and marginalized people, and champion universal rights.
Lifeworks Services is committed to hiring people from a variety of diverse cultures with diverse life experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status; genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lifeworks Services is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage members of diverse groups to apply.