Are you transitioning from school to adulthood or approaching a new phase in your life path, but don’t know where to start? Understanding the resources available for people with disabilities can feel overwhelming. You know the life you want to live, but may be unsure of your options, which services can work together, and how to access them.
At Lifeworks, we know that support looks different for everyone – that’s why we take a personalized approach to resource navigation. With you leading the way, Lifeworks assists with exploring possibilities and then connects you with the resources to make your vision for the future a reality.
● 55 years of experience navigating disability services
● Expert staff trained in person-centered planning and customized employment with four-year degrees and five or more years of serving people with disabilities
● Thorough exploration of your interests, support needs, and future goals
● Regular communication with you and your support team
● Virtual support and digital tools
● Invested in offering culturally appropriate service, translating materials into a variety of languages and hiring native speakers
● Nonprofit founded by families focused on advocacy and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities
What is Resource Navigation?
Resource Navigation is a series of informational meetings designed to explore options and connect you to resources that align with your goals. This personalized approach gives you the tools to take the next step while developing self-advocacy skills. It starts with you – a conversation to understand your aspirations, challenges, and plans for the future. From there, we dig in to identify local resources, and with your feedback build a roadmap to achieve your goals.
Am I eligible for this service?
This service is for people with disabilities who are facing or planning a transition in their life. Licensed under 245D Intensive services, Resource Navigation is funded through the Minnesota Department of Human Services’ Family Counseling and Training and requires that a person has a waiver for either Alternative Care (AC), Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC), Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI), or Developmental Disabilities (DD). Private pay is also accepted for this service. The cost is $80.00 per hour or $40 for a 30-minute session.
Let us help. Our knowledgeable staff are here for you. All you need to do is give us a call at 651-365-3773 or tell us a little about yourself through our Contact Form.