Position: Service Specialist
Department: Center Based and Employment Services
Hours: (FT) Monday-Friday, 6:30 – 4:30 pm, schedule varies based on the need of the program.
Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; community employment teams in Hennepin County and the East and South Metro Areas; and serve over 1,700 families through fiscal services.
Lifeworks Mankato is seeking a full-time Service Specialist to work with adults with developmental disabilities in the center based and employment programs. The Services Specialist position will support clients through focused activities that challenge and enrich the long range goals of the individuals served. The Service Specialist develops and leads engaging activities that challenge and enrich the long range goals of the individuals served. Schedule will flex to meet the needs of the program between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Job may include driving daily routes, assisting with personal cares, and includes lifting. This position requires a high degree of comfort with variety in the work day; flexibility and adaptability are necessary for success. Candidate should be creative, imaginative, and confident. Candidates must have good customer service skills and be detail oriented in their delivery of services.
- Work with individuals using services in day program and at community employment assignment.
- Implement and document progress on individuals’ goals.
- Develop and maintain person centered plans for individuals served in program.
- Organize group activities in the community.
- Drive routes using company vehicle.
- Develop and lead group activities to teach a variety of skills including job readiness, basic literacy, and life skills in a classroom or one-on-one format.
- Acts as a positive role model for participants in all aspects of professional performance.
- Observes safety procedures and personnel policies, and ensures compliance by participants.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Basic computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Ability to shift attention between activities quickly.
- Good customer service skills; good oral and written communication skills.
- Two year degree in a related human services field; or two years’ experience; or combination of education and experience to equal two years.
- Experience supporting people with disabilities is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
- Adaptability; good customer service skills, good oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate must complete and pass a background study; physical and drug screen; have a valid driver’s license free of violation; proof of insurance; and access to reliable transportation for work driving purposes.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 10 paid holidays in calendar year
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year of employment
- Medical and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Lifeworks is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and other protections under federal and state laws.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to: