Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; community employment teams in Hennepin County and the East Metro Area; and serve over 1,400 families through fiscal services. Lifeworks offers a full benefits package for Service Specialists, including 18 days paid time off to start, 10 paid holidays, options for medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, and a tuition reimbursement program. Lifeworks is an AA/EOE employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Lifeworks Brooklyn Park is seeking a full-time Service Specialist to work with adults with developmental disabilities in the Social Enrichment program. The Service Specialist position will develop and lead engaging activities that challenge and enrich the long range goals of the individuals served. Schedule will flex to meet the needs of the program between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m, Monday through Friday. Job may include driving daily routes, assisting with personal cares, and includes lifting. This position requires a high degree of comfort with variety in the work day; flexibility and adaptability are necessary for success. Candidate should be creative, imaginative, and confident. Candidate must also have excellent customer service skills and be detail oriented in their delivery of services.
Two year degree in a related human services field; or two years’ experience; or combination of education and experience to equal two years.
- Candidate must have prior experience working with people with disabilities. Experience with customized employment preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail
- Flexibility, excellent customer service skills, good oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must complete and pass a background study, physical and drug screen, have a valid driver’s license free of violation, proof of insurance and reliable transportation for work driving purposes.
- The hiring range for a Lifeworks Service Specialist is $12.55 – $14.07 per hour.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Posting is open until filled.