Position: Service Facilitator
Department: Social Enrichment II
Location: Brooklyn Park
Hours: (FT) Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-5:00 pm, schedule varies based on the need of the program.
Compensation: $14.45 – $16.87
Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; community employment teams in Hennepin County and the East Metro Area; and serve over 1,700 families through fiscal services.
Lifeworks Brooklyn Park is seeking a full-time Service Facilitator to work with adults with developmental disabilities in the Social Enrichment program. The Service Facilitator position will support clients through focused activities that challenge and enrich the long range goals of the individuals served. Service Facilitators carry a caseload; attend intakes and annual meetings; complete annual paperwork; and coordinate with the individuals served and their support teams to ensure person centered planning and services.
- Work with individuals in day program setting.
- Identify, write, and implement new goals for the individuals.
- Develop and maintain person centered plans for individuals served in program.
- Organize and coordinate with individuals’ support teams.
- Organize group activities in the community.
- Drive routes using company vehicle.
- Develop and lead group activities to teach a variety of skills including job readiness, basic literacy, and life skills in a classroom or one-on-one format.
- Acts as a positive role model for participants in all aspects of professional performance.
- Observes safety procedures and personnel policies, and ensures compliance by participants.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Effective time management skills
- Strong computer skills
- Detail Orientated
- Flexibility; excellent customer service skills; good oral and written communication skills
- Four year degree in human services or a related field; or a two year degree in Human services or related field and two years of work experience; or a combination of education and experience to equal four years.
- Experience working with people with disabilities.
- Experience supporting with people with autism.
- Experience supporting people who use assistive technology.
- Experience managing a caseload, coordinating with support teams, writing goals, and person centered planning preferred.
- Candidate must complete and pass a background study; pass a physical and drug screen; have a valid driver’s license free of violation; proof of vehicle insurance; and reliable transportation for work driving purposes.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees.
- 10 paid holidays in calendar year
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year of employment
- Medical and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Lifeworks is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and other protections under the Minnesota Human Rights Act.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to