Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day programs in Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings.
Lifeworks is an AA/EOE employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Lifeworks West Metro Employment is seeking a Service Facilitator to work with adults with developmental disabilities in community-based career development throughout the west side of Minneapolis.
- Facilitate group activities based 100% in the community. Candidate will utilize community hubs and community resources.
- Facilitate group activities surrounding career exploration including: job tours, career speakers, and volunteering.
- Facilitate group activities surrounding career development: PEP, labor market research, and developing marketable skills that promote competitive employment opportunities
- Facilitate community skill building that promotes community inclusion. Including; navigating public transportation, trip planning, utilizing/learning existing community resources, and problem solving.
- Promote diversity and inclusion to members of the community and with stakeholders at the state and county level.
- Maintain and grow contacts with business partners and other community stakeholders.
- Weekly communication and collaboration with members of a person’s support team, employment supervisors.
- Frequent communication with Lifeworks Career Placement Counselor as it relates to the individual’s discovery process.
- Support the transition to the case load of a Lifeworks job coach when employment is secured.
- Define goals in annual meetings while working a persons support team.
- Complete all required 245D licensed services paperwork. Complete Personal Employment Plan.
Full-Time (40 hours)
Schedule will flex to meet the needs of the program.
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field; or Associate’s degree in Human services or related field and two years work experience or; a combination of education and experience to equal four years
- Prior experience working with people with disabilities and experience in customized employment preferred
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and demonstrate attention to detail
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Strong ability work independently is a required
- Designated Coordinator status preferred
- Ability to think creatively.
- Flexibility, excellent customer service skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate must complete and pass a background study, physical and drug screen, have a valid driver’s license free of violation, proof of insurance and reliable transportation for work driving purposes.
$14.89-17.04 per hour
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees.
- 10 paid holidays
- 18 days of PTO to the first year
- Medical and dental insurance at a low cost!
- 403B retirement plan with company match.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position is open until filled.