Position: Service Facilitator
Department: West Metro Employment
Location: Hennepin County, office out of Brooklyn Park
Hours: (FT) Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:30 pm, schedule varies based on the need of the program.
Compensation: $14.45 – $16.87
Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; community employment teams in Hennepin County and the East Metro Area; and serve over 1,700 families through fiscal services.
January 29, 2018
Lifeworks West Metro Employment is seeking a full-time Service Facilitator to work with adults with developmental disabilities supporting them in independent job placements at businesses in the community. This position will support individuals in small groups seeking employment opportunities or provide job coach support for individuals hired by businesses. Service facilitators carry a caseload; attend intakes and annual meetings; complete annual paperwork; and coordinate with the individuals served and their support teams to ensure person centered planning and services.
- Work with individuals in community settings which may include volunteering and self-advocacy opportunities.
- Work with individuals at job sites; and support job seekers with individual job development and placement.
- Identify, write, and implement new goals with the individuals.
- Develop and maintain person centered goals and outcomes for individuals.
- Organize and coordinate with individuals’ support teams.
- Support individuals to develop skills to retain his or her job and support development of the person’s natural work supports.
- Support individual’s job application, resume, and cover letter development.
- Acts as a positive role model for participants in all aspects of professional performance.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work remotely and independently; comfortability with remote communication via phone, email or text.
- Effective time management skills
- Strong computer skills; intermediate level Microsoft Word and data base software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Timely record keeping
- Excellent customer service skills to build collaborative relationships with business stakeholders and support team members
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes during work day to meet the needs of customers and individuals.
- Four year degree in human services or a related field; or a two year degree in Human services or related field and two years of work experience; or a combination of education and experience to equal four years.
- Experience working with people with disabilities.
- Experience supporting with people with Autism.
- Experience supporting people who use assistive technology to communicate.
- Work experience managing a caseload, coordinating with support teams, writing goals, and person centered planning preferred.
- Work experience with customized employment and vocational rehabilitation services preferred.
- Candidate must complete and pass a background study; pass a physical and drug screen; have a valid driver’s license free of violation; proof of vehicle insurance; and reliable transportation for work driving purposes.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees.
- 10 paid holidays in calendar year
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year of employment
- Medical and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Lifeworks is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and other protections according to federal and state laws.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org