Position: Registered Nurse / Qualified Professional
Department: Fiscal and In-Home Services
Location: Eagan, MN
Hours: (PT) Monday-Friday, schedule varies
Compensation: $29.00 per hour
Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; community employment teams in Hennepin County and the East Metro Area; and serve over 1,700 families through fiscal services.
Lifeworks Fiscal Services and In-Home Services has an exceptional opportunity for a Registered Nurse and Qualified Professional to join our award-winning organization. The primary responsibility of this role is providing nurse case management services to PCA Choice recipients with complex medical needs.
This position does not involve clinical nursing tasks; rather, it includes the following duties:
- Developing a PCA Care Plan with the service recipient that addresses the recipient’s individualized needs identified in the county PCA Assessment.
- Revising the PCA Care Plan as needed due to changes in the recipient’s health status.
- Developing a month-to-month plan for use of PCA services that is updated bi-annually.
- Providing face-to-face supervision of the PCA staff on a semi-annual basis to evaluate their performance of the duties listed in the PCA Care Plan.
- Training staff on the use and the care of life sustaining medical equipment.
- Providing strategic consultation and training on health-related state and federal rules, regulations, and requirements.
This position is based out of the Eagan administration office. We offer a flexible schedule, averaging 25 hours per week. The schedule is based on the availability of service participants and their support teams. We offer mileage reimbursement as well as other benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
Desired skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate expectations, procedures, and best practices to others; comfortability with remote communication through email, phone, and text.
- Effective time management skills; accountable for managing an autonomous schedule that is established through collaboration with co-workers.
- Strong computer skills; intermediate skills with Microsoft Word and data base software.
- Accurate and timely record keeping.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills to facilitate conversations regarding care plans and necessary supports for individuals.
- Ability to evaluate performance through observation; provide training instruction and performance feed-back to PCA’s.
- A graduate of an accredited school of nursing and is currently licensed in the State of Minnesota as a registered nurse.
- Ability to exercise knowledge and judgement in accordance with professional nursing standards and current health-related state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Availability to attend a 3-day Department of Human Services training, Steps for Success, within 6 months from date of hire.
- Candidate must complete and pass a background study; pass a drug screen; have a valid driver’s license free of violation; proof of professional liability insurance and general liability insurance; proof of vehicle insurance; and reliable transportation to travel to service recipients’ homes.
- Preferred: Work experience in human services field, developing health care plans, and evaluating staff performing personal care duties with the individual served.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees.
- Paid holidays and accrued PTO based on part-time hours worked
- Medical and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Lifeworks is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and other protections under federal and state laws.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com