Position: Program Manager
Location: East Metro Area, St. Paul
Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; community employment teams in Hennepin County and the South and East metro areas; and serve over 1,700 families through fiscal services.
Lifeworks East Metro Employment team is seeking a full-time Program Manager to oversee delivery of Lifeworks Community Employment Services in the east Metro to ensure person centered, self-directed outcomes based on best practices in employment support to people with disabilities. Evolve current services and introduce new services and delivery methods that meet market needs and are sustainable through funding and regulatory changes.
This position will report to the director of employment services (Susan Winterfeld Thompson) at the Lifeworks Administrative office in Eagan, MN.
Hours: Full Time, exempt position
- Provide supervision and leadership to a regionally dispersed team of 10-20 staff, including interviewing and selection; training and performance; and daily oversight.
- Management of program’s financial expenses and revenue targets.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with company stakeholders including state and county personnel; employers and business leaders; families; community members; school districts; and other relevant stakeholders to support Employment Services’ development and performance.
- Understand and ensure adherence to standards for facilities; transportation; health and safety; intake and other procedures related to program services, including knowledge and understanding of MN statute 245D and Rule 9544; Supported Employment and Vocational Rehabilitation requirements; and CARF accreditation.
- Designated management and oversight of development and implementation of client goals and outcomes to fulfill clients’ objectives.
- Perform personnel functions including interviewing, selection, training, supervision, and performance evaluations.
- Ensure that the program provides high quality of service for people using services and support through Lifeworks.
- A four year degree in human service field or related field, plus a minimum of 5 years of work experience with at least 3 years in direct supervision of staff supporting people with disabilities or people over 65 years of age.
- Experience interpreting and implementing Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) licensing requirements or similar state/organization requirements; specific experience with MN DHS 245D licensed services and CARF accreditation preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM or comparable customer and/or case management applications.
- Experience managing a caseload, coordinating with support teams, writing goals, and person centered planning.
- Final candidate must pass a background study and motor vehicle record check; pre-employment drug test; current driver’s license; proof of vehicle insurance; and access to reliable vehicle for work driving purposes.
- Provide work direction; supervise multiple employees; coach for performance and development of work teams and individuals.
- Strong business acumen to support employment development in a variety of businesses.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; strict adherence to deadlines.
- Experience with budget management, making financial decisions based on profit and loss; experience executing efficient scheduling and utilization of resources.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 10 paid holidays
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year
- Medical and dental insurance at a low cost
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Lifeworks is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin and any other protections under federal and state laws.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to