February 28, 2018
Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; community employment teams in Hennepin County and the East and South Metro Areas; and serve over 1,700 families through fiscal services.
Lifeworks Finance is seeking a full time Payroll Tax Accountant to perform in-house payroll tax duties necessary for accurate calculation of wages and tax withholdings, preparing and filing tax reports, and remitting the proper amount due to appropriate agencies.
- Calculate and deposit timely all state and federal payroll taxes
- Preparing quarterly tax filings, and reconciling payroll transaction for all pay groups
- Prepare quarterly federal forms 940, 941,941x, schedules R and B, MN department of revenue quarterly withholding tax return, and MN unemployment wage detail reporting for Lifeworks and all household employers..
- Administer and support the Fiscal Employer/Employer Agent setups
- Prepare and file W-2 and W-2c
- Analyze and respond to complex matters on payroll tax policies and procedures and provide top level customer service for all payroll and tax related inquiries.
- Provide guidance and serve as a resource to others in payroll processing, and provide support to Lifeworks staff.
- Stay current on federal and state laws and regulations and industry best practice standards
- Associate’s Degree in Finance or related field and a minimum of two (2) years of tax and payroll processing experience
- Certified Payroll Professional credential required or get within 1 year
- In-house payroll processing experience
- Proven ability to learn and apply tax law
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple job tasks, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Excel, CSV files, and Crystal reporting
- Candidate must complete and pass a DHS background study including fingerprinting; pre-employment drug screen; have reliable transportation for work driving purposes.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 10 paid holidays in calendar year
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year of employment
- Medical and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Lifeworks is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and other protections under federal and state laws.
Send a current resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
This posting is open until filled.