Position: Compliance Technician
Department: Quality and Compliance
Location: Eagan, MN
Hours: (FT) Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; community employment teams in Hennepin County and the East and South Metro Areas; and serve over 1,700 families through fiscal services.
Hours: (FT) Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Lifeworks Services is seeking a full-time Compliance Technician to work in the Quality and Compliance Department. This position will be actively involved with auditing activities to ensure the organization is within compliance.
- Develop standards for regulatory compliance
- Establish and maintain audit schedules
- Conduct samples for testing compliance
- Perform audits and monitor compliance activities
- Report results of audits to organizational leadership
- Work with departments across the organization to identify and address gaps in procedures with the goal of aligning team performance with regulatory requirements.
- Recommend process improvements in areas of need identified through audits
- Stay current on federal and state laws and regulations and industry best practice standards
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of to 245D, Rule 9544 (Positive Support Rule) and CARF Accreditation
- Effective time management skills.
- Intermediate computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- General understanding of human services and legal terminology for the purposes of corporate compliance interpretation and assurance.
- Ability to interpret legal and standard language into clear and concise business rules.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Experience writing process and procedure documentation preferred.
- Ability to perform self-directed, detailed audits of Lifeworks’ current policies, processes, and procedures; create comprehensive reports of findings; and address areas current business practices that are not aligned with applicable laws and regulations.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal customer service skills.
- Proven analytical and independent decision-making skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field, and two years’ full-time work experience.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
- Adaptability; good customer service skills; good oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate must complete and pass a DHS background study including fingerprinting; pre-employment drug screen; have reliable transportation for work driving purposes.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 10 paid holidays in calendar year
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year of employment
- Medical and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Lifeworks is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and other protections under federal and state laws.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com