November 28th, 2017
Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; two community employment teams; and serve over 1,400 families through fiscal services. Lifeworks offers a benefits package for regular full-time employees, including 18 days paid time off, 10 paid holidays, options for medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, and a tuition reimbursement program. Lifeworks is an AA/EOE employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Lifeworks Community Employment is seeking a full-time exempt Career Placement Counselor to assist people with disabilities to discover their strengths and interests, and help them to obtain employment using an individualized approach to job development. This position is based remotely, and serves the South Metro areas, and will require regular travel within the service area. The Career Placement Counselor will assist individuals with disabilities in individualized job development following Customized Employment, Vocational Rehabilitation, or similar standards. Counselors must be proactive in using a person-centered approach to help individuals define their employment strengths, needs, interests, and abilities. Incumbent will facilitate the process of personal discovery for clients, and assist in the creation of both standard and visual resumes. A successful candidate will possess strong writing skills, creativity, a positive attitude, ability to multitask, and strong interpersonal skills.
Hours are typically Monday through Friday days; however attendance at evening functions and meetings may be required.
A Bachelor’s degree in career counseling, vocational counseling, human services or related field and at least one year of work experience in career planning or conducting assessments; or an Associate’s degree in degree in human services or a related field and three years’ work experience; or a combination of education and experience to equal five years.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that quickly build rapport with people with disabilities and their interdisciplinary team
- Strong written, verbal and phone communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, be organized and take initiative in work objectives
- Commitment to person-centered service delivery; person-centered facilitation training and experience preferred
- Self-directed and motivated to help people with disabilities to define and attain their employment goals
- Must be comfortable working independently in the field
- Be an engaged and involved member of the community; preference to be a member of community organizations, such as Chamber of Commerce, and/or similar groups
- Candidate must complete and pass a background study, physical and drug screen, have a valid driver’s license free of violation, proof of insurance and reliable transportation for work driving purposes
- Experience with Customized Employment, Vocational Rehabilitation and other individualized job development standards.
Send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Posting is open until filled