Position: Accounting Clerk
Department: Finance Department – Accounting
Location: Lifeworks in Eagan
Hours: (FT) Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Bloomington, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; community employment teams in Hennepin County and the East and South metro areas; and serve over 1,700 families through fiscal services and in-home services.
Lifeworks Finance in Eagan, MN, is seeking a full-time Accounting Clerk to set up and maintain in Excel and database applications the individual state approved budgets specific to the Fiscal Services programs. In addition, this position will verify expense reimbursement requests from external customers against state approved budgets and in accordance with IRS substantiation regulations, enter the information into individual spreadsheets, and prepare the reimbursements.
- Setting up initial budgets for individuals and making necessary adjustments to budgets, specifically for rate increases and decreases received from the Department of Human Services.
- Process expenses through verification, payment, and follow-up of submitted expenses from external customers.
- Process vendor set-up and a large volume of transactions accurately and according to deadline.
- Provide excellent customer service to external customers seeking resolution of discrepancies with reimbursement requests.
- Extract data from multiple sources; manipulate the data using Excel; provide reports to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with co-workers to ensure timely and positive resolution of issues pertaining to requests for expense reimbursement.
Skills and abilities:
- Strong attention to detail; comfortable with repeatable work; accurate data entry; and ability to process a high volume of repeated tasks on a daily basis.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of expense reimbursement to a variety of similar, but somewhat different, circumstances.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge and skills using Microsoft Excel and Word; 10-key skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and empathetic customer service skills; ability to flex communication style to meet the needs of the listener.
- Strong mathematical and analytical aptitude.
- Experience SL Dynamics preferred.
- Two years of office experience or post-secondary education in business, accounting or related fields; accounts payable experience preferred.
- Must have 2 years of office experience (accounts payable experience preferred) or post-secondary education in business, accounting, or related field.
- Demonstrated mathematical aptitude with strong 10-key and data entry abilities and applied knowledge in Excel.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment with strong time management skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and high degree of data entry accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of computers, spreadsheet applications and financial databases
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple job tasks and projects, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Must pass a drug test and a background check with the Department of Human Services.
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 10 paid holidays
- 18 days of PTO accrued in the first year
- Medical and dental insurance at competitive rates
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
Lifeworks is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin and any other protections under federal and state laws.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to