Lifeworks Career Development helps people with disabilities explore employment opportunities, discover their strengths and interests, and find the job of their dreams.
Whether you’re looking for an intensive daily program, a small group setting, or a bit of extra one-to-one support out in the community as you search for jobs, Lifeworks can help!
Depending on your individual goals, we’ll match you with an appropriate stage of our curriculum and work with you to develop an employment plan.
Lifeworks proudly supports more than 800 individuals with disabilities who work at community businesses throughout the Twin Cities and greater Mankato area, many of whom found their passion in Lifeworks Career Development!
The people we support are as diverse as the industries in which we support them. In fact, we’ve helped dozens of people just like you build a career at large Twin Cities corporations like Securian, small businesses like Emily’s Bakery, and retail giants like Target.
Career Development at Lifeworks: How it Works
Lifeworks Career Development consists of six stages:
- Career Exploration and Discovery – Gain exposure to different career possibilities and discover employment strengths and preferences
- Skill Identification and Assessment – Try different jobs and activities to further identify strengths that can be leveraged for employment
- Employment Planning – Develop employment goals based on strengths and interests
- Skill Building and Education – Gain skills and experiences to support achieving employment goals
- Job Development – Seek employment matching individual strengths and career goals
- Job Placement and Onboarding – Get started on the job and receive the support necessary to succeed
Each stage helps job seekers move one step closer to achieving their ultimate goal. At Lifeworks, we strive to help you put your unique skills to work for a business where you’ll be appreciated, valued, and have room for advancement.
To accomplish this, Lifeworks employs career placement counselors who specialize in finding employment opportunities that not only fit well with each job seeker’s interests, skills, and support needs, but also meet the unique needs of businesses in the community.
Additional components of Lifeworks Career Development may include:
- Resume development
- Mock interviews
- Job trials
Whether you have previous work experience and know what kind of job you’re looking for or you’ve never had a job and aren’t sure what you’d be good at, we can help!